To help improve this site we may place small data files, known as cookies, onto your computer. Some of these cookies are essential for functionality, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally. They're just used to make the site work well by:
- tracking how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
- helping us to make sure the website works properly
- incorporating our Twitter feed into our website
We recommend that you accept all cookies.
What Cookies do we Use?
We categorise our cookies as either measurement or functional cookies (we don't use any marketing or advertisting cookies). They may also be first-party (set by us) or third-party (not set by us).
|Cookie name||Expiration||Category||Third party?||Purpose|
|_ga||end of browser session||measurement||no||Registers a unique ID that's used to generate statistical data on website usage.|
|_gat||end of browser session||measurement||no||Used by Google Analytics to throttle the request rate.|
|_gid||end of browser session||measurement||no||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statstical data on website usage.|
|lang en||n/a||functional||yes - cdn.syndication.twimg.com||Used by Twitter to set the language for our Twitter feed at the bottom of each page.|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- In Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
- In Firefox you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
- In Google Chrome you can adjust cookie permissions by clicking "Options", "Under the hood", "Content Settings" in the "Privacy" section. Click on the "Cookies" tab in the "Content Settings".
Please note blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours. On our site, if you block cookies, you may not see our Twitter feed with latest news.
Our privacy statement is designed to advise you on how we handle and use your information. You can view it and other policies concerning confidentiality and data protection on our page about policies and procedures.