What is district nursing?
The District Nursing Service provide professional nursing assessment, care, advice and support in the community/community care setting for all age groups, including:
- those who need nursing intervention to prevent any deterioration in their condition or unnecessary admission to hospital
- facilitation of early discharge from hospital
- palliative/terminal care patients and their families/carers
- promotion of healthy living and advice if required or requested, for example weight management, exercise, alcohol intake, smoking and safety in the home
- patients with complex needs, with physical disability, or with long–term conditions
- support, teaching, education, training and advice for carers.
The district nurses will encourage and assist you towards self-care through a programme of rehabilitation, provision of – or advice on – essential equipment and services which are available.
About district nurses
The district nurses are part of a team working along with GPs, health visitors, practice nurses and many specialist nurses across Angus. They also work jointly with Local Authority, Social Work, Early Supported Discharge/Prevention of Admission Team, Hospital Staff, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Support Groups, Crossroads, Continence Advisory & Treatment Service, as well as many other agencies and can provide access or referral for services where appropriate.
View a list of our district nurses.
The District Nursing Service operates from 8am until 10pm on a referral system basis for anyone who requires professional nursing assessment and/or care within their home or community care setting. To access this service please phone 01307 468889. One of the team will then contact or visit you to assess your needs.
Your nursing plan of care, dressings and other equipment will be left for all the team to use. Please keep them together and in a safe place.
Health Advice: eConsult
Whatever your health concern
eConsult is here to help...
- Get self-help advice for hundreds of common conditions
- Request advice and treatment from the practice online