What is the Patient Participation Group?
The Academy Medical Centre Patient Participation Group (PPG) was formed in October 2010.
The PPG is a group of active patient volunteers who work in partnership with the doctors, nursing and administration staff to offer the patient perspective on the services provided in the practice.
What does the group do?
- We strive to improve the services you receive when attending the surgery
- We aim to improve communication between the practice and its patients
- We aim to assist patients to take more responsibility for their own health care and develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- We aim to bring a sense of ownership and partnership between the practice staff and its patients
- We provide practical support to help and implement change
- We aim to make sure that the practice puts its patients and improving health at the heart of everything it does
Listening, Learning, Improving, Caring
Meetings are chaired by committee members on a rota basis.
Notes of Meetings
Here are notes from recent meetings of the PPG:
- 14 November 2023
- 10 October 2023
- 12 September 2023 (forthcoming)
- August 2023 (forthcoming)
- 13 June 2023 (forthcoming)
- 9 May 2023
- 11 April 2023
- 14 March 2023
- 14 February 2023
- 10 January 2023
- 13 December 2022
- 8 November 2022
- 11 October 2022
- 13 September 2022
- 9 August 2022
- 10 May 2022
- 22 April 2022
- 8 March 2022
- 8 February 2022
- 11 January 2022
See the archive for older notes of PPG meetings.
Patients are welcome to attend PPG meetings if considering joining the committee.
Are you interested in volunteering? We are always looking for volunteers for our Health Information Point in the practice foyer. Are you a registered patient of the Academy Medical Centre? Do you have a couple of hours to spare each week? If so we want to hear from you.
Here are some common questions and answers about volunteering:
Would you like to know more about the PPG or are you interested in becoming a PPG committee member?
Visit our Patient Participation Group Health Information Point where our trained volunteer advisers can provide information on request.
If you prefer, feel free to browse our leaflet racks or request information to be sent to you by completing an "Information Request Card" and passing it to reception.
Find out more about the Information Point.
To contact the PPG please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or telephone 01307 462316 and speak to a receptionist - leave your contact details, and a member of the PPG will contact you.
Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.