FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY For 6-8 session Partner/salaried GP
To work in our transformational person-centred primary care modelPosted: 28 November 2019 · Practice news
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated doctor to join our practice. We would envisage the successful applicant will be available to start in April 2020 but would be willing to wait for the right candidate. Child friendly hours/job share can be considered.
We are a friendly, long established and innovative practice with a commitment to providing high quality person-centred care to our patients and are seeking like-minded individual(s).
We launched a transformational model of primary care inspired by the Alaskan Nuka system's person-centred model of care in August 2016 and this is now successfully embedded into the multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate(s) would work in a small team, looking after a defined patient list. Our aim is to optimise relationship and continuity in order improve health & wellness outcomes, use of health services and patient & staff experience. The GP would be responsible for their own scheduling of face to face appointments; telephone appointments and home visits; be able to allocate an appropriate amount of time to spend with each patient dependent of the nature of their problem(s) and not just limited to one 10 minute appointment. This can make for a less stressful and time pressured day allowing the GP to focus with full attention on the patient in front of them.
The successful candidate(s) will work in a small team for their defined patient list and on occasions provide cross-cover for other teams as and when necessary. The experienced admin staff that support your team will actively signpost patients appropriately to other healthcare professionals such as community pharmacy, optician, podiatrist, minor injuries unit, etc and the highly experienced Nurse Practitioner attached to your team provides an excellent and full minor illness service.
In addition to a very dynamic attached community team based in our premises we also have available within our MDT setting a successful social prescribing service which provides excellent links with 3rd sector organisations.
Our practice profile is as follows:
- Four GPs, 4 Nurse Practitioners (all independent prescribers) 2 Practice Nurses, one of whom is an independent prescriber, 5 HCAs
- Four teams, comprising GP, Nurse Practitioner, HCA and admin
- List size: 9,615 patients
- Golden Hello may be possible
- 8 weeks annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays
- Above average GP Partner earnings
- Partnership will pay for locum insurance cover, GMC, MDDUS subscriptions
- Supportive of candidate if wishes to have external interests, e.g OOH, community hospital, portfolio GP
- Modern, bright premises which were funded under private initiative.
- Social Prescribing Co-ordinator
- First Contact Physiotherapy Service
- Mental Health Wellbeing Nurse
- Weekly drop-in Carers session providing support and advice to carers
- Innovative and forward looking practice
- Over 60% of patients on repeat medication have serial prescriptions (CMS)
- Award-winning and motivated Patient Participation Group who contribute to most aspects of practice activities
- Regular third sector hubs providing patients with information from various local voluntary organisations
- Quarterly practice newsletter with wide distribution amongst practice population
- Informative website regularly updated with relevant patient services and useful information
- Regular MDT meetings
- Semi-rural location
- Excellent local amenities with good schools, affordable housing and local community campus for leisure activities
- Excellent travel links to Dundee and Aberdeen with ease of access to local Angus Glens for recreation purposes
- Opportunities to be involved and have a say in how services are developed and run both locally and within the Practice
This post offers a huge opportunity to participate in shaping our exciting, primary care initiative. We have excellent links with Angus Health & Social Care Partnership and Tayside Health Board who are fully supportive of the Partnership undertaking this development.
How to apply
We would encourage informal discussion or visit prior to application. For further information, to arrange to visit the practice please contact Diane Meek, Practice Manager on 01307 490180, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31 January 2020 at 5pm