To be held on Monday 16 December 2019
We are holding a Third Sector Health Hub at Academy Medical Centre, Academy Street, Forfar, DD8 2HA on Monday 16 December 2019 from 2 – 3.30pm.
These events are open to anyone to attend, regardless of which medical practice you are registered with. No booking required, just come down for information or a chat.
- Angus Independent Advocacy: ‘Have you or someone close to you recently been diagnosed with Dementia? Would you like to be more connected to your local community? We can support you to have your voice heard and enable you to access the right services. If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, you may benefit from Independent Advocacy.’
- Angus Citizens Advice Bureau: provides free, confidential, independent and impartial advice and information across a wide range of topics to all residents of Angus.
- Housing Solutions: Together housing and OT promote the range of solutions that can be considered to support people living in the community providing advice and information on housing options, technology, equipment, and adaptations across all tenures.
- Hear Me: We provide FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counselling-face to face or over the telephone for men, women and children (aged 8+) who have been sexually abused or sexually exploited. Pathways to the future—Integrative support service that is free and confidential for survivors of abuse in Angus (12 years +)
- Angus Falls Service: If you have had a fall, history of falls, fear of falling, feel unsteady, poor balance, low bone density or family history of osteoporosis you can access this service by phone support, written information, home visit, level 1&2 assessment, a range of services/equipment to help with daily living, refer to appropriate services and access to Better Balance classes. Don't wait to have a fall to contact.
- Move More ANGUSalive: If you are living with or beyond cancer in Angus, Macmillan and ANGUSalive offer a free programme to help you get and stay active. Our activities are suitable for everyone, regardless of where you are in your cancer journey.
- Angus Alcohol and Drug Partnership (AADP): We provide information and advice regarding drug and alcohol support, treatment and recovery opportunities that are available in Angus.
If you are keen to find out more about these local organisations or if you would like to access their support then please come down to Academy Medical Centre waiting room for more information.
Read more about the Third Sector Health Hubs, including the date of forthcoming hubs if you've missed this one! The next hub will be on Monday 20 January 2020 from 2 – 3.30pm.
To find out more information please contact Ashley on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01307 462316.