Programme of Health Hubs
Our next Third Sector Health Hub will take place at Academy Medical Centre, Academy Street, Forfar, DD8 2HA on Thursday 12 September between 10.30am – 12 noon.
These events are open to anyone to attend, regardless of which medical practice you are registered with. No booking required, just come down for information or a chat.
- Angus Independent Advocacy: ‘Have you or someone close to you recently been diagnosed with Dementia? Would you like to be more connected to your local community? We can support you to have your voice heard and enable you to access the right services. If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, you may benefit from Independent Advocacy.’
- Children’s Health Scotland: The only charity in Scotland dedicated to informing, promoting and campaigning on behalf of the needs of all sick children and young people within our healthcare system. We make sure children and young people get the treatment they need.
- Trading Standards—Angus Council: We are a local government service that works to protect consumers and support legitimate business. We raise awareness of scams and talking about our Financial Harm Project to protect people affected by dementia, supported by the Life Changes Trust.
- Angus Citizens Advice Bureau: provides free, confidential, independent and impartial advice and information across a wide range of topics to all residents of Angus.
- Welfare Rights Service: We offer free and confidential advice on such as disability benefits, pension age benefits and Universal Credit. We can also carry out income maximisation checks and provide advice on debt related issues and the options available.
- Hear Me: We provide FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counselling-face to face or over the telephone for men, women and children (aged 8+) who have been sexually abused or sexually exploited. Pathways to the future—Integrative support service that is free and confidential for survivors of abuse in Angus (12 years +)
- SPFL- Football Fans in Training: Open to both men and women, FFIT provides participants with an opportunity to become healthier, lose weight, and become fitter at the same time.
If you are keen to find out more about these local organisations or if you would like to access their support then please come down to Academy Medical Centre waiting room for more information.
Read more about the Third Sector Health Hubs, including the date of the next hub if you've missed this one!
To find out more information please contact Ashley on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01307 462316.