To be held on Monday 17 February 2020
We are holding a Third Sector Health Hub at Academy Medical Centre, Academy Street, Forfar, DD8 2HA on Monday 17 February from 2 – 3.30pm.
These events are open to anyone to attend, regardless of which medical practice you are registered with. No booking required, just come down for information or a chat.
- ANGUSalive Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service: Based across our libraries in Angus free booklets available at Arbroath, Carnoustie, Monifieth and Kirriemuir, volunteer led drop in service Kirriemuir, Carnoustie and Arbroath, volunteer facilitated “Meet People Like You” time Carnoustie and Arbroath. Service expansion to Forfar, Montrose and Brechin from February.
- Angus Citizens Advice Bureau: Provides free, confidential, independent and impartial advice and information across a wide range of topics to all residents of Angus.
- Angus Alcohol and Drug Partnership (AADP): Provide information and advice regarding drug and alcohol support, treatment and recovery opportunities that are available in Angus.
- Dundee & Angus ADHD Support: provides services to support and empower children, young people and parents/carers affected by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - giving information and advice about the condition, individual and confidential parent support, workshops for parents, monthly support group meetings and youth groups for children with ADHD.
- Angus Independent Advocacy: Would you like to be more connected to your local community? We can support you to have your voice heard and enable you to access the right services. If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, you may benefit from Independent Advocacy.’
- Housing Solutions: Together housing and OT promote the range of solutions that can be considered to support people living in the community providing advice and information on housing options, technology, equipment, and adaptations across all tenures.
- Home Energy Scotland (HES): Expert advisors offer free, impartial advice on energy saving, keeping warm at home, renewable energy, greener travel, cutting water waste and more.
If you are keen to find out more about these local organisations or if you would like to access their support then please come down to Academy Medical Centre waiting room for more information.
Read more about the Third Sector Health Hubs, including the date of forthcoming hubs if you've missed this one! The next hub will be on 16 March.
To find out more information please contact Ashley, our Patient Support Advisor, on email@example.com, phone 01307 462316, or just drop in.