From your Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Every month the Academy Medical Centre Patient Participation Group raises awareness of some of the health and wellbeing campaigns running nationally and worldwide.
The PPG would like to highlight the following campaigns in April:
- Stress/Anxiety Awareness month: Here are a variety of resources on stress and anxiety, with an emphasis on coronavirus:
- Information on your mental wellbeing, from NHS Inform (scroll down to the section on mental wellbeing)
- Coronavirus Mental Health Information Hub, from SAMH, the Scottish Association for Mental Health
- 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus, from Every Mind Matters on the NHS website
- How to look after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak, from the Mental Health Foundation
- You can also visit Breathing Space and Samaritans
- Bowel Cancer Awareness month: Around 268,000 people living in the UK today have been diagnosed with bowel cancer and thousands are currently facing weeks of social isolation because the risk of coronavirus to them is so serious. Shine a light on the people in your life who are there for you. Thank your team with a photo or video and when you share it on social media tag your team, tag Bowel Cancer UK and use #teambowelcancer. Find out more at www.bowelcancer.org.uk.
Please do not visit the surgery unless you are invited but, if you are invited, you will find leaflets on the above subjects on the desk in the foyer.
NB. Please adhere to the government guidelines regarding COVID-19.
About the PPG
The Academy Medical Centre PPG has worked with the practice since 2010 to enhance the delivery of primary care services in a number of areas.
You can make a difference to the Practice too! To get involved or find out more about the work and how the PPG assists the practice and you, the patient, see the Academy Medical Centre PPG page. Notes of our meetings are also available to give you a real flavour of what we're doing.