From your Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Every month the Academy Medical Centre Patient Participation Group raises awareness of some health and wellbeing campaigns.
This month it will be to keep moving! We are all being encouraged to take exercise in this current situation. Here are a couple of websites to urge you on!:
- Physical activity during the coronavirus outbreak from NHS Inform
- Get fit for free from nhs.uk
- World Walking is a free app that allows you to virtually walk your way around the world
- Free "Exercise Studio" fitness online workouts from nhs.uk
- 10 tips for staying fit from home from which.co.uk (published during the first lockdown)
- Simple ways to keep active during the coronavirus pandemic from Age UK
It is also Cervical Cancer Prevention Week from 18-21 January 2021. Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust wants as many people as possible to know how they can reduce their risk of the disease and to educate others. Read more about cervical cancer at NHS Inform, Cancer Research UK, and Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust. You can tweet and share using the tag #SmearForSmear, and more resources and ideas for promotion and getting involved are available at https://www.jostrust.org.uk/get-involved/campaign/cervical-cancer-prevention-week.
About the PPG
The Academy Medical Centre PPG has worked with the practice since 2010 to enhance the delivery of primary care services in a number of areas.
You can make a difference to the Practice too! To get involved or find out more about the work and how the PPG assists the practice and you, the patient, see the Academy Medical Centre PPG page. Notes of our meetings are also available to give you a real flavour of what we're doing.