From your Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Every month the Academy Medical Centre Patient Participation Group raises awareness of some health and wellbeing campaigns.
The PPG would like to highlight the following campaigns in April:
- Stress/Anxiety Awareness month: Here are a variety of resources on stress and anxiety, with an emphasis on coronavirus:
- Information on your mental wellbeing, from NHS Inform (scroll down to the section on "your mental wellbeing")
- Information from Mind at mind.org.uk
- Coronavirus Mental Health Information Hub, from SAMH, the Scottish Association for Mental Health
- 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus, from Every Mind Matters on the NHS website
- Information from the Mental Health Foundation
- You can also contact Breathing Space and the Samaritans if you need to talk.
- Bowel Cancer Awareness month: Every 15 minutes somebody is diagnosed with bowel cancer in the UK. Find out more about the symptoms and the campaign at www.bowelcancer.org.uk. Support is also available from MacMillan Cancer Support.
You can get involved and raise awareness by talking about the campaigns, tweeting or sharing on social media, or by donating, fundraising and pledging your support.
About the PPG
The Academy Medical Centre PPG has worked with the practice since 2010 to enhance the delivery of primary care services in a number of areas.
You can make a difference to the Practice too! To get involved or find out more about the work and how the PPG assists the practice and you, the patient, see the Academy Medical Centre PPG page. Notes of our meetings are also available to give you a real flavour of what we're doing.