FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY For 6-8 session Partner/salaried GP
To work in our person-centred primary care modelPosted: 1 March 2022 · Practice news
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated doctor(s) to join our practice. Start date: can be flexible and would wait for the right candidate(s). Child friendly hours/job share can be considered.
We are a friendly, long established and innovative practice with a commitment to providing high quality person-centred care to our patients and are seeking like-minded individual(s).
View our video to find out more about our practice and the local area:
About the Role
We launched a small team model of primary care in August 2016 and our unique model is now successfully embedded into the multi-disciplinary team. Our aim is to optimise relationship and continuity in order improve health & wellness outcomes, use of health services and patient & staff experience. The GP would be responsible for their own scheduling of face to face appointments; video consultations, telephone appointments and home visits; be able to allocate an appropriate amount of time to spend with each patient dependent of the nature of their problem(s) and not just limited to one 10 minute appointment. This can make for a less stressful and time pressured day allowing the GP to focus with full attention on the patient in front of them.
The successful candidate(s) will work in a small team and also provide cross-cover for other teams as and when required. The experienced admin staff that support your team will actively signpost patients appropriately to other healthcare professionals such as community pharmacy, optician, podiatrist, minor injuries unit, etc and the highly experienced Nurse Practitioner, attached to your team provides an excellent and full minor illness service.
In addition to a very dynamic attached community team based in our premises we also have available within our MDT setting a successful social prescribing service which provides excellent links with 3rd sector organisations.
Salary: negotiable (if opting for salaried GP)
Our practice profile is as follows:
- List size: 9,200 patients
- Golden Hello may be possible
- Above average GP Partner earnings
- Partnership will pay for locum insurance cover, GMC, MDDUS subscriptions
- Supportive of candidate if wishes to have external interests, e.g OOH, community hospital, portfolio GP
- Access to First Contact Physiotherapy Service at local hospital
- Access to Care and Treatment Centre based at Whitehills Hospital in Forfar who provide routine services such phlebotomy, monitoring bloods, BP check, ECG, dressings, etc
- Innovative and forward looking practice
- Over 60% of patients on repeat medication have serial prescriptions (CMS)
- Award-winning and motivated Patient Participation Group who contribute to most aspects of practice activities
- Quarterly practice newsletter with wide distribution amongst practice population
- Informative website regularly updated with relevant patient services and useful information
- Social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to provide information to patients of practice services and events at the practice
- Regular MDT meetings
- Excellent local amenities with good schools, affordable housing and local community campus for leisure activities
- Excellent travel links to Dundee and Aberdeen with ease of access to local Angus Glens for recreation purposes
- Opportunities to be involved and have a say in how services are developed and run both locally and within the Practice, working collaboratively with Angus Health & Social Care Partnership and Tayside Health Board
- Active participation in our Cluster which comprises of 4 practices.
This post offers a huge opportunity to participate in shaping our exciting primary care initiative. We have excellent links with Angus Health & Social Care Partnership and Tayside Health Board who are fully supportive of the Partnership continuing to develop our model.
How to apply
We would encourage informal discussion or visit prior to application. For further information and to arrange to visit the practice please contact Diane Meek, Practice Manager on 01307 490180, email firstname.lastname@example.org.