General Practice and other healthcare settings have different infection control and physical distancing guidance to other places such as hospitals and shops.
At Academy Medical Centre:
- we are open and seeing patients, although patients will still be screened at the door before being allowed entry
- we still ask patients to wear face masks when they attend the practice, unless they are exempt
- we ask patients to socially distance whilst on the premises.
This is to help reduce the risk to practice staff and to people attending the practice who may be at greater risk if they catch Covid.
Testing & Symptoms
- If you have no Covid symptoms there is no need to do a test
- Lateral flow device (LFD) test kits will no longer be available from the community pharmacies for general population; they will be available from testing sites until they close or via NHS Inform online, or by phoning 119
- People with symptoms still need to isolate and get a PCR test done until the end of April
- Close contacts of someone with Covid should continue to test daily for 7 days with LFD kits
- At the start of May 2022, testing sites will close and people with symptoms will no longer be advised to test; public health advice for people who feel unwell will be to stay at home until they feel better to reduce the risk of infecting other people
- If patients have Covid symptoms and need advice you should contact the practice.
Further information about Coronovirus is available at www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
The latest advice and updates from the Scottish Government is available at www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/.